Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Baby Bargello!

It took me a while to develop a love for Batiks. Now, I want to use them everywhere I can! Making a baby quilt out of them was likely not the most practical thing I have ever made. It is currently sandwiched and ready to be quilted. I started a few weeks ago using InvisiFil. I love it for my handwork. It amazes me how it dissolves into my hand applique and I wanted to test it on machine quilting in the ditch on the batik. I did love the way it disappeared. However, although it will likely never see a baby, it just felt wrong. So I have pulled out the quilting and need to start over again with cotton.

The more I learn and experiment, the more I am pulled back to traditional quilting techniques, patterns and cotton thread!

But I am closer and closer to finishing another project on my UFO list!!

Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Post a Comment