Monday, January 17, 2011

Belated B-Day Gift for My Sister

For my sister's birthday this year, she requested a bag. Not just any bag. I had a picture she had taken on her blackberry and a challenge. It took months to figure out the picture was of the Miranda Bag from Lazy Girl Designs. The day I found the pattern, I was absolutely relieved..... and terrified. I quilt, but I do not do clothes or bags. Luckily, although my sister just loved the look of the bag, I loved the easy to follow pattern!! It was late for her birthday and Christmas, but I have finished it!! The pattern had step by step instructions with lots of pictures. Perfect for the visually oriented, like me.

One learning from my adventure. Although I love batiks and I love this bag, next time around I would chose a more consistently colored fabric. The great thing about batiks is how the fabric color moves and no piece is exactly the same. The thing that sucks about using batiks in a bag that needs four identical blocks is that no piece of fabric is exactly the same! It is more obvious in the picture than when you actually look at the bag in person, but still a note for next time!

Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Post a Comment