Sunday, January 16, 2011

Sewing with my Daughter


Today had a bit of a crumby start. An early morning at gymnastics isn't special, but I have a cold that is kicking me pretty hard... so it was a struggle. It is REALLY cold today, so the kids had cabin fever. For my daughter, who is 7, that means a day of sighs followed by "I'm bored!" As I was held up in my sewing room, trying not to spread my germs (that is my story and I'm sticking to it!!) she came in with those sad eyes that break my heart. The result was a great mommy & baby girl day!!

Since she got her sewing machine for Christmas, I have taken a lot of tips from the site http://www.kids-sewing-projects.com/. If you have read my blog or know me, you can probably guess that I do not do great at simple, "finish in a day" projects. Mostly, finishing any project isn't easy. Finding a way to teach Katie to sew while not loading my perfectionism "issues" on her was easier with this site.

Today was an awesome success for me and for her. What a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment