Monday, August 6, 2012

I Made Myself a Deal

Happy Monday!

Like everyone else out there that quilts, I have a job and a family.  Trying to find time to do everything is tough. And if you have ever read my blog, you know that I am not good at finishing things.  Luckily, that is not a characteristic I take to work with me.   :)  It does, however, apply to my quilting (and housework).

So I have made a deal with myself.  A bet if you will. 

I have to complete 5 quilt tops/flimsies:

Autumn Ridge
Cambridge Square
Sailboats for Joseph
Egg Money Quilt
Big Sister Addie

AND finish the Northcott Block of the Month.

When that happens (about May 2013 due to the BoM), I am buying myself the Babylock Jane to quilt them all!!!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My pennies are already saved.  I had been saving for the past few years to buy a long arm.  However after completing some house renovations, I lost every spot that had previously been large enough for such a beast.  So a mid arm it is!  My only issue now is getting over the guilt of buying a machine given I have only completed two baby quilts in 2012. Therefore, my little challenge to myself!

Wish me luck!  Happy Quilting!




No comments:

Post a Comment