Saturday, August 4, 2012

Northcott Block of the Month - Block 1!!






I have been away for a few months.  Away from my blog, but mostly from my sewing machine.  Busy at work & busy with my kids' soccer and skating.  Just plain busy.

I went to Sew Have Fun today to pick up blocks 3 & 4 for the Northcott Block of the Month.  I still had not even cut a piece of fabric on Block 1.  Until today!  I have a fear of cutting fabric.  Especially if the fabric is in a very limited amount and one wrong cut will mean big trouble.  Maybe that is why I usually buy an quarter of a meter..... okay, an extra meter...... of every fabric, for every project.  No wonder I have such a large stash!!

Well as you can see, I changed all of that today.  Block 1 is complete!  And thanks to the Marti Michell templates, it was easy to cut and easier to piece!  The rest of the blocks still frighten me, but now that I have Block One under my belt, who knows?  Maybe Block 2 won't take another three months!

Happy Quilting!!

No comments:

Post a Comment