My last post, committing to a 6 month destashing was so fast, I didn't even share the pledge or my UFO list! What can I say. I didn't want to give myself a chance to change my mind. Here it is from Making Rebecca Lynne. I have made an adjustment (or two) to suit my habit a little bit.
- To use the Stash I already have!
- Finish UFOs without distraction
- Stop the insanity of constantly buying the latest and greatest fabric.(especially feeding my cardinal and red fabric fetish)
- Save the $$ I spend on stashing.(to pay for my new sewing machine)
- Destash the fabrics (and UFOs) that I realize I am never going to use/finish
FABRIC FAST RULES:
1) No fabric purchases for 6 months beginning January 1, 2014.
2) At 6 months reevaluate status and decide whether to keep going for full year. Evaluation July 1, 2014.
3) Create a UFO list and complete them!
- Backing: purchasing a backing to finish a quilt top is permissible. However, attempting to use fabric in your possession for a backing is preferable.
- Books and Magazine purchases are allowed as they are not fabric. Notions acceptable too. HOWEVER, since I have way too many magazines and notions, minimize any purchases.
There is a little hitch in my plans. My third baby (aka my Bernina 230) could use a little TLC. Tomorrow it heads to the shop for a good cleaning. Until it comes back, I think my rotary cutter and I will be great friends! I can get prepared for my spring retreat!! Example #1 is a lot of 10" blocks (about 160ish) for Guild cuddle quilts. Part of my fabric binge in the last week of 2013. Rag quilts, here I come! At least once my machine is feeling better.